Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Well alot has happened in the last few weeks. Both good and bad. I'll start with the bad cause it's always better to end on a happy note.
Mark never came to pick up his stuff and the ring. I guess thats not bad for me per say but what a waste! I hate to throw stuff away that has value but hey, I tried to arrange pick up SEVERAL times and him and Brandon flaked over and over so...oh well. To the trash it all goes :(
Now for the real bad news. I got EXTREMELY sick. My stomach felt kinda queezy and sore for a few days but I ignored it. Well on Saturday ( THE 10TH ) it went from just sore to me waking up thinking I must have food poisoning. By that afternoon I couldn't walk anymore and was in severe pain. Isaiah had to go outside to get David because I suddenly couldn't move...the pain was that bad. So David put the kids and I in the car and dropped them off at Nana and Papa's and took me to the ER. At first they couldn't figure out what was wrong but they saw my white blood cell count was really high and my blood pressure was dangerously low. i was in shock but they didn't know why. Eventually they did a CAT scan. When the results came back they rushed into the room and told David they had to take me to surgery now. My appendix was about to burst. They did the surgery right away and when I woke up thing had gone from bad to worse. My blood pressure was 60/40. For reference 55/35 is when your in a coma. You couldn't even feel my pulse in my neck...it was kinda creepy lol. I was intubated because my pulse ox was low and I was already having a hard time. The Dr.s were freaking out. The pain was horrible but I couldn't have pain meds because pain meds will lower your blood pressure further. This went on for 12 hours. After 12 hours my blood pressure went up a little bit and they allowed me some pain meds. I spent the next few days in the hospital. All the Dr.'s and Nurses were extremely nice which is a plus because I really don't like being in the hospital. So long story short...I'm healing now. It's taking awhile. The Dr. said I came pretty close to going over the edge. Due to all the complications it will take about 6-8 weeks before I feel like myself again. I get tired SO easy and I'm still in quite a bit of pain.

So now on to the good news. I have a grant to attend college for over $20k per year. I've known about the grant for awhile but kept making excuses not to go. Well I ran out of excuses now... So all I have to do is choose my college and I should be able to attend starting in fall. I'm kinda nervous but it should be fun. School has never been hard for me. If anything it will be nice to get out, socialize, and challenge myself a bit.

No comments: