Sunday, December 7, 2008

Keeping the babies safe.

Last night was a little ruff for both Scarlett and I.
We no longer have our rocking chair so her bedtime routine was off, which caused a 4 hour stand off.
When we finally both got to sleep I kept waking up and feeling her cheeks...the rest of her was warm but her cheeks were cool, which instantly reminded me of Gannon.
Never the less I kept waking up and checking again....remembering the stats, about how sids peaks at 2-4 months.
I usually have pretty restful nights but it was obviously on my mind.
This morning I realized I need to clear out some mental cobwebs because worrying is not helpful for either of us.
There are so many contradicting precautions to take with sids.
They can't all be right.
I know I'm taking the precautions I feel are best.
I co-sleep.
I breastfeed.
I keep the house a little cooler at night.
There are no smokers around.
And most importantly, Scarlett is vax free.
I find it the 2-4 month peak / vax link very sad and very very scary.
*sigh*
We all do what we think is best to keep our children safe.
And thats what I need to remember in the wee hours of the night....
She is safe.

No comments: