Friday, August 28, 2009

Busy days!

This month has been so busy!

Isaiah had is consult with a speech pathologist.
They referred him to Warner speech pathology to help him speak clearly and use usages properly.
Kaylee had her consult and was referred to a specialist. He confirmed that she has "Selective Mutism."
After reading up on it a bit I'm fairly certain he is correct.
So hopefully this year we can try some new things to help her.
I went down and met her teacher today. I asked her if she had worked with kids who have selective mutism and to my surprise she hasn't. I briefly explained how things like direct eye contact, being put on the spot, and speaking with new people provokes severe anxiety in SM kids. She nodded her head as if she understood me, however, when we were about to leave she was trying to get Kaylee to interact with her, when Kaylee wouldn't she got down and tried to talk with her. Kaylee got very uncomfortable and tried to hide behind me.
Hellllloooo did you NOT hear ANYTHING I just told you woman!
UGH.
After we met her we left a message for the school counselor.
I want the school counselor, Kaylee's teacher and I to all get together and be clear on how to help Kaylee.
I let them do it there way last year and that didn't turn out well.
Home school is the next step if they screw up this year.
Hopefully they will work with us and find a way to make Kaylee comfortable.

Layla is excited for school to start. She knows a few of the kids that ar in her class already.

Isaiah is having surgery on Monday to close his umbilical hernia. We waited for it to close but hes almost 4 now so they said he needs surgery to close it.
I'm a little nervous about it but I'm sure he will be fine.

Scarlett started walking a couple weeks before her birthday. We didn't do anything fancy for her birthday but she had fun none the less. She's getting over a cold right now :(

My grandparents offered to watch the two little ones if I decided to go to college.
So I went down and checked it out. I think I might actually go for my associates degree. They are having a hell of a time tracking down my transcripts though. I went to 8 high schools, and it's been almost 10 years, so I can see why. lol
They have incomplete transcripts though so they had me take a 4 hour test just to push my credits over the edge so I can get in. I think I aced it, and I did it in 2 hours:) I'm still trying to get ahold of my transcripts just because it annoys me that they are M.I.A.
After that I'm going to test out of of the wee-todd-did classes...like 24 hours of "keyboard" skills....really? No thanks.

On another note..
Mark and I hit the 6 month mark. <3 He got me some pretty roses. :)
We didn't do anything though because I was sick and we didn't have a babysitter :-/
Last month was a little bumpy to be honest. Not just with Mark..mostly with other people. I'm still amazed at how great Mark and I mesh, even if an issue pops up.
We get along quite well, especially when you take into consideration there were 8 people under one small apartment roof this summer.

So yep, that's it. August was a busy month, and September is looking pretty busy as well.
Can't wait to start classes again. I almost forgot just how much I enjoy a challenge!

No comments: