Well the school year is back in full swing! The kids are doing great. They are knee deep in school studies and neck deep in home studies. lol. Even Kaylee is diving in to some new territory this year. Hopefully I can get her caught up here soon.I actually have an appointment with Kaylee's teacher and school counselor this afternoon. I have the paperwork from her speech pathologist with the ICD-9 codes and everything so they can no longer treat her like an autistic / stubborn / defiant / weird / insert other wrong assumption here...child.
Kaylee actually did really good with her speech pathologist, Toby, and actually said a few words at her last visit!
He plans on seeing her once a week for six months. Our goal is to have her speech delay caught up by then and hopefully her Mutism will start to fade out.
Isaiah is also in speech therapy at Grace Warner. The woman doing his speech therapy also goes to our church. She seems like a really nice woman. I'm really happy she is patient with Isaiah because he has a ton of energy. lol
Layla is doing great in school. She has never been in trouble and gets awesome grades. We are still pushing her to do better and better at home. Sorry but that pushing won't stop unitl she is out of college.
Scarlett is getting huge and walking all over now. She's still the "star of the show" and gets attention from everyone just like a princess should :)
Her and Isaiah have discovered just how much they like playing together. I think with the girls being at school all day they realized it might be in their best interest to be buddies :)
I'm still getting over Mastitis. Ughhh No fun at all. I successfully ignored it the first day. I woke up that night with chills, nausea, and a body aches. In the morning my temp was 103.1, I took some Ibuprofen and tried to ignore it as i ran my errands. by about noon I realized what a stupid plan that was. Luckily Mark volunteered to come home and help with the kids. I ended up going to Urgent Care and got a prescription. I didn't rest the next day either because the kids had appointments, and I have appointments today too so looks like I'm going to have to suck it up again. I know I'm not doing myself any favors by running around but it's just not possible to cancel everything right now.
I took some tests at the college 2 weeks ago. Today I get to go get the results. I wasn't nervous before or after the tests but now I'm getting just a little nervous.
Hopefully I wasn't over confident in thinking I aced them.
Mark and I are still doing great. We finally hit some real bumps in the road. He even said I cussed at him, which I don't remember, but it sounds about right so OK. lol! On one hand no one likes to argue, but on the other I'm glad we did because I think it showed me we CAN fight and he's not going to stand in my door way yelling, or do the childish "I'm packing my stuff" or follow me around the house demanding we discuss it NOW. No....it wasn't like that at all. It was just a disagreement that was over with almost as quickly as it started. Imagine that! So one more item is checked off on my "is he really crazy?" list.
-doesn't turn into a lunatic when angry.
See. I'm not hard to please.




No comments:
Post a Comment