It's been a busy week. The family is still recovering from this horrible cold, but mainly the baby and I are still fighting it. Last night I was up until 4am with an awful headache :(
Moving is still only half done because no one feels up to hauling heavy objects up a flight of stairs. I don't blame em'.
Today Mark and Mattie came over, the kids all played together and we hung out in my half furnished apartment for awhile. The kids all get along great.
Mattie was such a little doll, he got in a little trouble, I think he whacked Isaiah with a toy or something...I don't remember, but all he had to do was pucker up and offer a kiss and the kids instantly adored him. Later we all went down to see the circus. Scarlett felt pretty awful but she just snuggled up and napped in her sling, she is getting quite heavy. * note to self, it's time to buy a stroller! * Isaiah woke up from his 5 minute nap and was already getting a bit grumpy, but once we got inside and got seated his curiosity got the better of him and he stopped whining long enough to go test out the slide with Mark and the other kids. I stayed with our stuff and guarded our seats. I glared at every obese woman with freakishly tall children who looked like they might want to sit in front of us and block our view. ;)
The kids all came back with sno-cones and we watched the show. During intermission we went down to the floor and looked at the animals. Isaiah REALLY wanted to see the elephants but we had to stay behind the rope unless we were going to pay to ride them. We stayed and watched for a minute and I swear this one elephant was totally guilt tripping me. These poor elephants looked so miserable, their eyes were hollow, they just drug their trunks on the floor as they were directed by a guy with some kinda hook around their trunk. they were loaded with kids on their back just walking in circles. What a miserable life. So yeah, back to what I was saying...this elephant was guilt tripping me...it looked right at me and just kinda starred for a minute....so sad. I also noticed during the tiger act that the tigers kinda shyed away from the trainer much like a beaten dog does...
*sigh*
After I got home I googled and yup...seems like I was right - http://www.circuses.com/feat/shrine/
Adding shriners circus to my "banned list."
Anyway, Just watching the elephants made me a little bummed. We decided to leave and that set off a tantrum from Isaiah. He really wanted to stay and watch the elephants. So he screamed. Halfway to the car he calmed down a bit but it's always a little embarrassing when it's your kid acting up.
We all went and grabbed a bite to eat before heading home.
The kids are still oblivious to the fact that Mark and I dating....not sure when or if I will tell them, this is all new territory for me.
Even though I wasn't too happy with seeing the animals there, I know the kids had fun and spending time with Mark and Mattie more than makes up for it :) Hopefully we will get to see them again in the morning before Mattie has to go back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment