Friday, May 1, 2009

Back to Basics

I've been going to a new church here in Reno. I really like it, they aren't the typical "listen to what i say OR ELSE" kinda church. The atmosphere is just relaxed and they give you some guidance on subjects you can apply to your life. When I'm not being threatened to burn in hell for eternity I can actually focus on what they are saying and take stock. Go figure!
Mark went with me the last two weeks. Mattie even got to come with us last week.
They actually had a sermon on "Sex before marriage" and how it can ruin things. I had already decided to go that route because I thought it would be better for me period, but hearing the biblical reasoning was interesting. I'm pretty solid on that commitment now.

My brother recently moved in with my "mother." I give it a month, tops.
She's trying to guilt trip me via my brother, knowing he's going to call me and pass along her messages.
I honestly have no sympathy or tolerance for her any more. The longer I'm away from her the more I do not understand her motivations as a parent, not just now, but during the last 26 years.
Some people are just toxic. I've finally stopped trying to understand and help her and completely cut ties with her...and actually, it's got rid of a major source of stress and drama. Don't get me wrong...I'd still give her a kidney if she needed it, I just wouldn't drive her home from the hospital lol.

Scarlett is getting 2 more teeth. Which is cute and all but I swear if she keeps biting me she's gonna find out what Enfamil is....*gag*
Ok, so I really wouldn't do that to her....but she seriously needs to stop!

Mark and I are still doing great. He's over at my house alot, which is nice. Were still getting to know all the little things about each other and taking things slow. Some days I really just want to rush into things and say "hey your here all the time, we get along so well, lets fast forward this!!"
anddddd then I remember WHY I gave myself rules haha.
Until thus far I've been "evaluating" ( for lack of a better word ) Mark for what kind of husband and father he would make. I refuse to make a mistake twice. No major red flags have come up, so I think I'm starting to let my guard down a teeny bit.
No need to rush into anything. If things are "meant to be", it will still be "meant to be" later!
He's just trying to seduce me with his "chicken invader" skills. ;)
I'm actually supposed to meet his sister this weekend. She has an adorable new baby boy, but he has to stay in Ely with his grandparents. :(
I would be a little nervous, cause it's the first family member of Mark's I'm meeting and all...but hey, she LIKED his ex at one point. And from what I hear I'm way better than her ; ) ....so I'm as good as gold haha.

No comments: