Saturday, February 21, 2009

Family

Scarlett has been such a fuss butt lately, all she wants to do is nurse and I have been really tempted to pop a bottle of enfamil in her mouth and call it a day. I just can't be at her beck and call 24/7 AND work AND take care of 3 other kids!
It can wear on your nerves.
Well today my grandparents saw that I had a headache and hadn't even eaten breakfast and it was 12pm, So...My grandmother fixed me a grilled cheese sandwich and distracted the kids while I ate. At about 3pm she told me, "go to bed!, we will watch the kids." My grandfather and Grandma offered to watch the baby and bring her to me when she got hungry, but I knew I'd never make it out of the room without the baby crying, so I brought her.
So for the next 4 1/2 hours I slept and nursed.
When I woke up I couldn't believe how long I slept, I felt guilty for taking 4 1/2 hours!!
However when I got up, the kids and my grandparents were happy, everyone had ate dinner, and they were all working on a toy helicopter.
No one gave me a "well welcome back sleeping beauty look."
Quite the opposite actually.
The heated up dinner for me and kept playing with the kids.
Everyone seemed to genuinely be happy.
Do you know how important that is to a mother?
How important that is to a nursing baby?
To receive genuine help with no strings or guilt trips attached?
It's the best gift you can give a mother or a nursing child!

No comments: