So I stopped buying the crap and started splurging on REAL food.
High quality meats, seafood, cheeses, milk, beans, nuts, grains, fruits and veggies. YUM YUM. It's better for me, better for my family and I feel like I'm doing something special for myself.
I feel more satisfied at the end of a good nutritious yummy meal. For the first time in my life I'm enjoying meal times. My nutcase mother made me hate food as a child, every meal time was a battle. Seriously she would lose it if I didn't finish every bite. Her head would spin and she'd turn into mommy dearest. I think alot of those feelings lingered well into my adult life, for a long time I felt like eating was a chore.
I'm 26 and just now able to eat and enjoy it. Although certain food I still can't eat because of memories attached to them. Pancakes and Oatmeal will make me completely nauseous....she use to force feed us those until we threw up.
Freaking Fruit loop.
Anyway, My point being, I actually enjoy food now....I don't hesitate to buy good food, to me it's worth the money.
And I feel like a better mommy knowing my kids just ate well and my baby's milk is tip top. :) I think it would be great if other people cut back on buying junk to make them feel good, and splurge on Good Quality food!




No comments:
Post a Comment