Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Octuplet mom, "The Most Hated Woman In America" ? Seriously?

Now I've been known to play devil's advocate, and this may be more of the same...Who the hell do people think they are to judge this woman? I can see the point of no job + a truckload of kids on welfare living with grandma pissing people off, however, thats the way the system is set up...and they are here, so too little too late. I guess I just don't see the point in every newscast and joe shmoe letting this woman know just how horrible they think the situation is. Even her own family has jumped on the bandwagon, calling her names and openly agreeing that it would be better if these children weren't here.I've heard several news casters even go as far as say these children should be taken away!Maybe I don't know the whole story? After all I do turn the garbage off as soon as they start in with the name calling and are no longer actually "reporting."
Sorry but I find comparing 8 premature babies to a litter of puppies offensive.
The whole situation just sickens me. What income, marital status,and number of children are acceptable? I don't feel thats my place to say. Period. I feel bad for her.
These babies born, and all she hears is how much everyone wishes they weren't even born.
I can only imagine the pressure she had during her pregnancy. I applaud her for not caving and aborting some or all of them. I don't agree with implanting as many embryo's as the dr. did, because thats not something I'd personally do. However, I highly doubt she anticipated having 8 at once!
The bottom line is there are now 14 children, I think the last thing she needs is to be dubbed "The most hated woman in America" Really? Cause I can name far most evil things than living off the system with 14 kids. Back off, do some real reporting, and all of you standing around judging her, put that energy into some real "evil" people.
And the final straw, having your own family publicly speak badly about you? Wow. I bitch about my mom in my blog, but I wouldn't go on freaking ABC, NBC and tell people what a loony tune she is!
Makes me sick.

1 comment:

gnmiranda said...

CRYSTAL! OMG! You hit the nail on the freaking head here! LOL I was jumping out of my chair saying YES! YES THAT! Girl you rock! I totally agree with you!!!
These kids are here BOTTOM LINE deal with it! How terrible it is that these poor kids are going to have it on RECORD that their grandma bad mouthed their mother just because they where BORN! and everyone else for that matter!!! It brakes my heart for these kids the whole world seems like they are against them! GAH!!!